Friday, October 29, 2010

School Pictures - A New process for RMBA

For the first time in many years all of the school pictures shot this year are NOT being pre-sold, or pre-ordered in any way. I am hearing from some parents that they like the new processand just as importantly they appreciate the fact that they are not pressured into buying something before they see it.

This is at the core of my photography business philosophy - I am only as good as the last shoot and only as good as my clients think I am. I am proud of my reputation and work, so the photography should speak for itself and it is up to my clients to decide what they like.

The hardest part has been getting the word and the link out to the parents. The school thought using the Beren Buzz was the most effective communication channel and indeed the link was in last week's Beren Buzz, but I am not sure how effective that is in communicating important information to parents. I asked for it to be included again, but not sure if it will.

What do you guys think of the school picture process and also the effectivenss of the Beren Buzz? I asked a couple of students about the Beren Buzz and they rolled their eyes at me - as if they never read it, or care about it. Are you guys hearing that from any kids?

2 comments:

  1. Eric, this is much anticipated innovation to be able to see and choose the photos before ordering, please keep your high professional standards. My children loved the fact that they can choose the shots themselves and to discuss the choices with relatives and friends. Also they enjoyed to see other classmates in the same file!

    As for Beren Buzz. This is a newsletter with announcements, dates and happenings. It was never intended as a platform for discussions and ideas exchange between the parents. Blog is a forum for communication. It offers convenience of reaching many parents in an atmosphere of purposeful, goal oriented, friendly conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric, can you add a link to your business in your post? That would be useful for all the parents to get acquainted with your work.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete